Guidelines for Minor Studies
The Department offers the following minors to students of the University.
- Minor in Art History and Archaeology
- Minor in Chinese for Professional Purposes
- Minor in Culture and Heritage Management
- Minor in Modern and Contemporary Chinese Literature
Please observe the following guidelines for enrollment to the Minor Studies offered by the Department before submission of yourdeclaration of minors:
- The Minor Studies in CAH require a completion of at least 15 credit units. Students must fulfill the requirements of their enrolled Minor(s) before graduation.
- Students are not allowed to claim a Minor in the same academic area as their Majors.
- Students must follow the procedure and registration period as stipulated by the Academic Regulations and Records Office(ARRO) for declaration of minor(s).
- The CAH Department reserves the right to approve or not to approve an application for enrolment in a Minor.
- Credit Transfer up to 6 credit units is allowed for Minors. Normally, credit transfer will only be allowed for coursework undertaken at a recognized university.
- Course exemption will generally not be allowed for Minors.
- The CAH Department reserves the right to offer courses of the Minors according to available resources and adequate demand in the semesters.
- The CAH Department reserves the right not to offer undersubscribed courses.